Monday, March 30, 2009

National Capitol March 14

On March 14 a bunch of us took a tour of the National Capitol. I mentioned it briefly before, but here is a little more information. Natalie works for Senator Bennett and is authorized to gives tours of the Capitol, isn't she just nice?the girls: Kendra, Rebecca, me, Natalie Our tour guide tells us about the pictures on the ceiling.

This is the ceiling. Every state has two statues of famous people from their state in the capitol, you will see some of these.Where's Ohio?

This is a bad picture. This is a group of us with Brigham Young, one of Utah's famous person statues. The person taking the picture cut off the top of Brigham Young's head, and also there is much red eye. The red eye doesn't come off with the simple red eye fixer and I didn't feel like fixing the all red eye by hand for a bad picture, but it's the only one with all of us in it.
This is going to be my bathroom tile.

My state of birth.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun, what fun! I took a tour of that capital too, and wasn't it neat?! I hoped to see senators running around, but no such luck. Your head is just such a sponge for fun information, I bet you are soaking up little tidbit of history! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Melina's husband? Did he agree to leave for a while so you girls could have some bonding time or something?

    ReplyDelete