Thursday, March 19, 2009

This one's for you, Mom!

My mother was wondering if I have any friends because so far, my posts have been my solo trips or playing with Melina. Don't get me wrong, I love my solo trips and playing with Melina, but I also have other people that I hang out with. It's just a titch more awkward to make everyone you're with take pictures of everything you do, so there are fewer of those, but here are some. I've also been to barbecues (yes in March, it's been that warm) and I go to Institute (religion studies) and activities with other people in the area. It's been quite fun.

This is a Mardi Gras celebration. From left to right are me, Melina, lamppost, traffic light, Rebecca (my new English friend that I hang out with a lot)


I like music and I like concerts (apparently more than I like my hearing, as many of you already know). This is a local Virginia artist named Justin Trawick and his band. Note the accordion, upright base, and saxophone as unusual instruments in a rock band, but he pulls it together really well. I'm a fan, a huge fan.
And when Rebecca and I got to meet Justin Trawick, we were a little star struck.

Here are a bunch of us about to take a tour of the National Capitol by a Senator Bennet (Utah)staffer.
See, I can make friends :) I'm not lame, well I suppose that's debatable.

2 comments: