Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday President Abraham Lincoln! Happy Birthday to You!

I paid my respects to President Lincoln on his 200th birthday, February 12th. What a neat guy. There were also many other people paying their respects (see the wreaths). Instead of a wreath, I sang the song "happy birthday" to him. For those of you asking yourselves right now, if I sang the "birthday medley" to him, I did not, for I was by myself and the "birthday medley" works much better with another person who also knows this version. And now, some of you are wondering what the "birthday medley" is. Call me on your birthday. I'll sing it to you.


Then, I headed over to the National Archives for a look-a-see at the Emancipation Proclamation. It was on loan to the National Archives for President Lincoln's birthday. I actually have no idea where the Emancipation Proclamation is on loan from, but this day I saw it and here is a picture of it. The handwriting is actually really big, that surprised me.

Also of note, here is the building for the offices of the Internal Revenue Service. As I was walking around downtown DC, I passed this building and thought you would all like to see a snapshot of the place where people are feverishly working for you :)

1 comment:

  1. Talena, you should have called me and I would have assisted in singing the birthday medley to Lincoln! Ha, love the updates on your blog!

    ReplyDelete