Friday, February 20, 2009

an unconventional Presidents' Day

What's a conventional Presidents' Day? I don't know, but it sure isn't something I would do, most likely. Well, to celebrate Presidents' Day, we headed to the local Starbuck's and enjoyed milk steamers and biographies of United States presidents. I am reading David McCullough's John Adams and Melina is burying herself in His Excellency: George Washington by Joseph J. Ellis. Our presidential biography reading then turned to a scholarly discussion about presidents. Here are the results of our discussion:
President with the best hair: John F. Kennedy
President with the craziest hair: tie Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren
President with the best mullet: James K. Polk

3 comments:

  1. You look like you are having the time of your life! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love the big red chair- it's looks so nice and cozy! Hope you guys are having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did none of the intellect rub off on me when I lived with you two?

    ReplyDelete